Shipping new products and improving our existing ones. As a user-centric, design-minded team, we prioritize quality over quantity. Our work is a constant collaboration between design and engineering — no barriers or separate teams — just like minded people working to create the best product possible. We believe that great design requires great engineering, and vice versa. Your general areas of focus will include:
- Working with the team to generate new concepts and product technology
- Creating and refining advanced mechanisms and interfaces for mobile photography
- Prototyping and testing concepts/ideas/experiments
- Strong collaboration in a team environment with other designers and engineers
- Design for manufacturing and materials analysis
- Working with our suppliers to manufacture products timely and efficiently
- Tracking issues and improvements across product lines
- Defining test standards and durability specs
- Interfacing with customers about product quality issues and identifying ways to fix
- Design of small mechanisms, advanced phone cases, and other mechanical parts
- Estimating time/hours to complete projects, as well as budgeting
Beyond being passionate about mobile photography we are looking for the following experiences:
- 3+ years of mechanical engineering experience, preferably in consumer electronics/phone accessories
- Experience in design for manufacturability is required.
- Experience in Asia working through manufacturing with suppliers.
- Fluent in Solidworks CAD software
- Used to a collaborative development environment.
- Product validation experience (i.e. creating drawings and defining test requirements)
- Solid communication skills to collaborate with team and suppliers
- Remote, but based in Seattle is preferred.
The Moment culture is about ownership so the more you take on the more you make. Otherwise, we keep compensation simple...
- A competitive salary.
- Equity in the company.
- Medical insurance or $600 per month to do what you want.
- Flexible Schedule: Work when you want, as long you finish work on time and set teammates up for success.
- Free Moment gear & discounts on our whole store.
- A $500 stipend per year to spend on your own equipment.
- Three company offsites per year.
- Unlimited vacation.
Keep in mind you never have to pay to apply. Never pay for equipment or training. The basic rule is; NEVER pay for anything when applying. When talking to the job poster, make sure you're talking to someone from the actual company. By clicking the apply button you will leave Remotebond to the external application website.
Remotebond accepts no liability or responsibility as a consequence of any reliance upon information on there (external sites) or here.