- L2/L3 support duties to include responding to support tickets, resolving problems that get escalated from L1/L2 support, and escalating problems to the Director of Hosting as necessary.
- Responding promptly and professionally to clients and vendors via email or phone.
- Troubleshooting and correcting system configuration or performance issues.
- Migrating sites from other hosting providers to Agathon’s platform, or between Agathon’s platforms.
- Monitoring nightly/weekly/monthly systems emails for anomalies and resolving the underlying problems.
- Contributing light system administration duties: maintaining firewall rules, networking, hardware diagnosis, others as necessary.
- Minimum three years of direct experience administering the following in a production environment:
- Linux (at least CentOS and Ubuntu)
- NGINX and Apache/httpd
- Demonstrable Bash scripting skills (other languages are a bonus).
- Solid data-driven understanding of service configuration, testing, debugging, and optimization - you’re writing the scripts, not just running them.
- Deep knowledge of DNS concepts (recursive resolvers vs. content servers, delegation, TTLs).
- Familiarity with networking concepts and experience writing and maintaining iptables rulesets.
- Confidence to apply what you know, humility to learn what you don’t yet know, and a spirit of collaboration to help figure out what none of us yet knows.
- Empathy for our clients' needs and a commitment to answering them patiently and without condescension.
- Internally motivated to provide excellent, complete solutions for thorny problems.
- Experience with Ansible or other IaC platforms.
- Ability to read/write/debug PHP, especially within the WordPress framework.
- Experience with OnApp cloud platform.
- Experience with djbdns.
Keep in mind you never have to pay to apply. Never pay for equipment or training. The basic rule is; NEVER pay for anything when applying. When talking to the job poster, make sure you're talking to someone from the actual company. By clicking the apply button you will leave Remotebond to the external application website.
Remotebond accepts no liability or responsibility as a consequence of any reliance upon information on there (external sites) or here.