In Surevine, we build autonomous teams underpinned by co-operation and trust. Those teams thrive on open and honest engagement between team-members; we are upfront and challenge each other which builds closely-knit teams.
For our teams to be truly autonomous, we need great Technical Team Leaders: peers who can coach, rather than manage. Someone to take on the role of Scrum Master, spot areas for development in the team and keep the minds of people in their team focused on the work-at-hand.
Skills and Experience
- Expert-level knowledge of Java with 5+ years of experience
- Experience of developing enterprise-grade, high performing scalable applications
- Expert knowledge of the Spring Boot framework (including spring data, spring security) and JEE containers
- Comfortable using AWS and Linux to support application development and deployment
- Thorough understanding of application security and secure coding practices
- Proficient in application design and architecture
- Knowledge of a variety of persistence technologies, to include SQL and NoSQL
- Experience of designing Restful APIs
- Tenacious technical problem solver
- Good communicator
- Experience of working in Agile teams
- Demonstrable experience of working with version control, build tools, code-quality and testing tools
- Experience of, or strong desire to learn, modern responsive front-end development (CSS3 with SPA frameworks such as React, Angular or Vue)
- Strong working knowledge of application integration points: e.g. SSO, SAML, LDAP, SSL/TLS
- Demonstrable passion for working with Open standards / Open Source
- Knowledge of XMPP
Skills / experience
- Technical > you need to be hands-on and passionate about maintaining your technical skills.
- Lead > You’ll have 5+ years experience helping teams reach their potential and delivering great technology using agile principles.
- Remote > Remote team working is different to being co-located every day; you’ll appreciate this as your remote working experience will demonstrate.
In some cases, this will be managing projects around a product style plan; in others release plans on multiple project streams concurrently. The Team Lead is part customer facing; agreeing communications, project and sprint backlogs – in much the same way that a Scrum Master role is classically defined. They will report progress, dependencies and impediments not only to the customer but within Surevine and will monitor and control project spend.
The Team Lead is responsible for building a strong, enduring and cross-functional team. As such they are pivotal in supporting the development and performance of individual team members. Individual development is influenced by three factors: strengths and potential talents; the needs of the team and our strategic direction.
Hands-on, the Team Lead will be comfortable at the coal-face. The team will look to the Team Lead to create a participative environment by empowering the team through shared decision making on design, technology choice, processes and practices. The Team Lead will provide the team with clear vision and direction for any engagement. The Team Lead should have a background in Agile software engineering
Keep in mind you never have to pay to apply. Never pay for equipment or training. The basic rule is; NEVER pay for anything when applying. When talking to the job poster, make sure you're talking to someone from the actual company. By clicking the apply button you will leave Remotebond to the external application website.
Remotebond accepts no liability or responsibility as a consequence of any reliance upon information on there (external sites) or here.