- Reporting to a VP, Design, co-manage a +60-person design team with other Design Directors.
- Collaborate with the rest of MetaLab’s leadership team to keep company engagement high.
- Drive the overall Design team’s operations and strategy.
- Advocate for the design team internally to make sure they’re set up for success.
- Articulate constructive feedback and ensure the design team is evaluated and supported on an ongoing basis.
- Involved in vetting, hiring, and training new members of the design team.
- Mentor our team of Design Leads.
- Interact with the design team in-person and online daily, and with clients when needed.
- Foster an open, collaborative, and inclusive environment for the design team.
- Collaborate with the Client Partnerships team to pitch new engagements to clients.
- Assist in scoping out the timeline and requirements of design engagements.
- Roll up your sleeves, get in the work, and provide guidance to several project teams simultaneously.
The must-have shortlist
- Strength in leading, mentoring, and coaching a product design team
- You have previously led a team of product designers
- Strong understanding of product design
- Expert-level experience leading teams in UI/UX design
- Familiar with all the common designer tools such as Figma
- Ability to present designs to clients with credibility, clarity, and confidence
- Well versed in facilitation techniques that enable groups to build clarity and alignment
- Understanding of product management and product life-cycles
- You’ve led teams building digital projects from scratch before
- Not an asshole
- Ability to be both a leader, a listener and a mentor for more junior designers
- Can actively build the skills of team members to make them more successful in their careers
- Active in the design community, representing MetaLab and attracting new talent
- Want to build incredible products for incredible clients with an incredible group of people
Equal opportunity employer
Keep in mind you never have to pay to apply. Never pay for equipment or training. The basic rule is; NEVER pay for anything when applying. When talking to the job poster, make sure you're talking to someone from the actual company. By clicking the apply button you will leave Remotebond to the external application website.
Remotebond accepts no liability or responsibility as a consequence of any reliance upon information on there (external sites) or here.