Join our team remotely. This role can be based in any location within the EMEA/LATAM/NORAM region.
MessageBird is transforming the communications landscape as one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world. Our cloud communications platform makes it possible for businesses to instantly connect with over 7 billion phones globally, allowing them to speak with their customers in the same ways they talk to their friends.
Our suite provides access to all major messaging channels, from SMS and Voice to WeChat, Messenger, Facebook, WhatsApp and more. We provide out-of-the-box solutions with our own applications like Inbox and Flow Builder, plus a robust set of APIs that simplify workflows and automation.
With over 20,000 customers — including some of the world&rsquos biggest brands like Facebook, Deliveroo, Uber and WhatsApp — it’s likely that you’ve benefited from MessageBird’s omnichannel technology at some point. For small and mid-sized businesses, we also offer support and solutions through an Online Self-Serve (OSS) dashboard.
Our global team is a powerhouse of 350+ employees, who work across eight international offices. We’re excited that you’re here and interested to #jointhenest
How we work
We work fast, grow fast, and build fast. Life at MessageBird moves in fast-forward motion. We’re a team that focuses on making an impact — right from day one. We are go-getters, industry leaders, and dreamers. Risk takers. Roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen kind of people. We thrive on transparency, and we value solution-minded attitudes.
We are all driven by one ethos: Get Shit Done. We love shaping things together and leveraging different perspectives, because that makes our products better. Our Birds are empowered with freedom and opportunity; in return, we expect honesty, courage, and agility. We own our work, and sometimes we fail. And then we get back up and cross the finish line — together as a team. Sound refreshing? We think so, too.
The role: Product Design Lead (Design System)
Design System plays a crucial role in creating and packaging our communication tools at MessageBird. In order to scale our design language and help us to keep it consistent across the different disciplines (engineering, design and product), your work will revolve around the continuous evolvement of our Design Language. From exploring and reviewing ideas, to building on top of an extensive component library and documenting design patterns, empowering our design team to craft fast, delightful and customer-driven user experiences.
You’ll work within the Product Design Team and Product division to define the language, visuals, and strategies for our products. With your fellow designers, you’ll develop and expand product design systems and design frameworks in a highly collaborative environment where everyone’s input is valued.
You’ll be part of one of the most fun, open, ambitious and international groups of people. We push each other to be our absolute best and are the kind of company that will make you feel happy getting out of bed every morning.
What you’ll bring
- We're looking for an experienced Design System Lead with a minimum of 4+ years in lead product design or UX design lead positions.
- Portfolio demonstrating complete mastery in the development of design systems for web and mobile interfaces.
- You must have experience designing for complex business design system oriented and developer-focused products, creating experiences, and working for different devices.
- You are familiar and comfortable driving and governing large design systems that you may or may not own directly. Balancing the needs of the larger design ecosystem with the practicalities of a company that values speed-to-ship over all things.
- You’re a fantastic communicator. You have the communication skills to help you work cross-functionally with business stakeholders, You shine most at motivating others to carry forward and execute a strategy without needing to be in the room.
- You love working with other designers to help them learn and grow, ability to work in an agile environment and communicate ideas to developers and stakeholders, acting in all aspects of design.
- You are entirely capable of creating and mastering complex design outputs on Figma.
Psst… some added perks
- The ability to Work Anywhere — literally anywhere you want, as long as it’s in the same time zone as your team (yup… you read that right!). This comes with the added benefit of finding the right work-life balance for you by following our 80/20 rule.
- WFH office set-up allowance to make sure you have all you need to “get shit done” in an ergonomically-friendly manner.
- Top-notch work equipment (including Bose headphones!).
- MessageBird swag to keep you well-dressed.
- The occasional (virtual) company-wide and team events.
- A team of (fast-)forward-thinking, talented and fun colleagues from more than 50 countries!
MessageBird is an equal opportunity employer. If you think you’re a match for this role and can bring some great skills to the MessageBird team, please apply! We’re excited to get to know you.
Keep in mind you never have to pay to apply. Never pay for equipment or training. The basic rule is; NEVER pay for anything when applying. When talking to the job poster, make sure you're talking to someone from the actual company. By clicking the apply button you will leave Remotebond to the external application website.
Remotebond accepts no liability or responsibility as a consequence of any reliance upon information on there (external sites) or here.