About the Position
FiscalNote is looking for a Team Lead to join our Data Engineering team.
The person in this role will help scale and improve our core data processing capabilities by designing, building, and supporting services for collecting, ingesting, augmenting, and maintaining one of the largest collections of unstructured and structured data relating to policy, policymakers, and governments across countries and levels of government.
About Data Engineering at FiscalNote
The Data Engineering team makes a diverse and growing dataset of documents accessible and actionable. We maintain the quality and usability of unstructured and structured external data relating to policy and government action in the legislative and regulatory space that serves as the foundation of our products. Our systems and services interact with sources that are frequently brittle and obsolete in order to provide reliable, timely, and accurate information - at scale. As a leader of the team, you will coordinate the efforts of others in delivering solutions to complex problems. You will work closely with partners in applications and data science to provide clients and applications with an unprecedented level of automated analysis.
Looking to develop into an engineering manager that enables your team to achieve their goals and be more productive. Want to build something worth being proud of. Ready to take on ambitious projects that stretch the limits of your abilities, you enjoy the process of collaborating with team members to overcome technical challenges. Along the way, you’re capable of communicating what you’re thinking to both technical and non-technical audiences, taking in others’ ideas as well as expressing your own.
You delight in finding ways for you and your team to use your strengths for maximum impact. You’re guided equally by your own intuition and metrics. You’re comfortable around ambiguity with a high degree of autonomy, and are excited about solving complex, open-ended problems by distilling the complexity as simply as necessary to build solutions that work.
Success In This Role Includes:
- Managing 3-6 engineers, helping them develop domain knowledge, expand their skills, and advance in their careers
- Bring out the best in your team by cultivating a culture of collaboration and constructive feedback
- Facilitate creative and thoughtful idea-sharing, ensuring that the best ideas for the team, not necessarily your ideas, take precedence
- Provide feedback on team members’ performance and guidance for improvement
- Collaborate across teams to deliver impactful, cross-functional projects
- Design and manage processes to enable the team do its best work
- Support the team in achieving a high level of code quality, efficiency, maintainability, and reliability
- Build data services for batch and real-time data processing
- Enhance data pipeline health and quality monitoring
- Create tooling for data review and augmentation
What Sets You Apart:
- At least 1 year of experience leading outstanding, highly technical teams, particularly as it relates to people management
- 3-5 years of experience working in an iterative development environment as a backend engineer
- Strong programming skills, preferably in Python. Also open to experience programming in C#, Java or node
- SQL experience is required
- Working knowledge of git and basic knowledge of AWS and CI/CD pipeline
- Experience designing data models to support product features in a scalable way
- Strong understanding of effective software development practices
- Have a strong quantitative and analytical background
- Worked with geographically distributed teams
- Thrive on a high level of autonomy and responsibility
- Clear and persuasive communicator, in writing and in person
Keep in mind you never have to pay to apply. Never pay for equipment or training. The basic rule is; NEVER pay for anything when applying. When talking to the job poster, make sure you're talking to someone from the actual company. By clicking the apply button you will leave Remotebond to the external application website.
Remotebond accepts no liability or responsibility as a consequence of any reliance upon information on there (external sites) or here.