- Help implement an easy to use, continuously deployed product
- Participate in DevOps tasks, design reviews, writing stories, coding modules, code reviews, unit testing and automated acceptance testing
- Collaborate with our other software engineers in the design, development, and maintenance of our application
- Partner closely with our product and business teams to ensure that we are delivering the best possible outcomes for our internal and external customers
- Act as a mentor for more junior developers and foster a collaborative environment
- Results-Driven: Must have a proven record of driving results in high-growth companies and must have an inner drive to succeed. You will have a desire to want to grow professionally and progress in your career.
- Customer-Oriented: A successful Software Engineer has outstanding relationship capabilities, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Eager to Learn: Technology is ever-changing and as a Software Engineer you should have your pulse on what is new and emerging.
Okay, we’ve laid out what the job is - now are you qualified? Below are the minimum qualifications we’re looking for in a Senior Software Engineer. Also, we want a chance to get to know who you are and why you applied, so please include a cover letter.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States. We are not able to provide Visa sponsorship
- 3+ years building high-performance scalable web applications
- Experience writing applications with Ruby and Ruby on Rails
- Excited about delivering quality and familiar with unit and acceptance testing frameworks
- Knowledgeable with implementing third-party API integrations
- Comfortable in a modern software engineering environment with distributed source code control, dev/qa/prod release cycle, extensive testing, and continuous deployment
- Experience writing applications with strongly typed languages (C / C++ / C# / Java / Golang a bonus)
- Familiar with service-oriented architecture
- Fearless about learning new technologies and technical approaches to application development
Extra credit for:
- Participating in open source projects
- Writing a blog
- Being a member of technology communities and/or user groups
Agency and/or Third Party Inquires will not be accepted
- Take a brief true/false survey. Be sure to check your email (including your spam folder) after you apply.
- Have a phone conversation with someone on our Recruiting team. This is a high-level conversation about you, but also a good opportunity for you to learn more about us.
- Meet with two of our Software Engineers to talk shop. Be prepared to talk about how you approach work technically with examples of how you have done it in the past. No homework or on-the-spot assignments. We just want to nerd out a bit with you.
- Go over your career history with one of our Engineering managers. This will be an opportunity for us to get an idea of how you got to where you are, and whether where you want to go lines up with where we are going.
- Meet virtually with some more of the remote team. We want to give you some idea of the people you will be working with. We ask the serious questions here, like your favorite sandwich.
- Provide some references. We use our automated reference check system for this, so you just give us some names, they fill out a survey, and we are all set.
- Speak with a member of our leadership team. If you have made it this far, just be yourself, and everything will be fine.
Keep in mind you never have to pay to apply. Never pay for equipment or training. The basic rule is; NEVER pay for anything when applying. When talking to the job poster, make sure you're talking to someone from the actual company. By clicking the apply button you will leave Remotebond to the external application website.
Remotebond accepts no liability or responsibility as a consequence of any reliance upon information on there (external sites) or here.