A Day In The Life
What Does Success Look Like?
- Individual quarterly goal progress
- Project status / team issues / weekly retro
- Individual responses to our weekly team health questionnaire
Experience and Results At Every Level
Why Should You Apply?
- Work on exciting projects in the latest tech across a variety of industries including: Healthcare, FinTech, Education, Personal Growth & Training, Lifestyle & Social
- Collaborate with colleagues and clients directly to ship features that users love
- Work with appreciative clients who seek out and value your input and feedback
- Strong leadership and top-notch colleagues to help you realize your full potential
- Career growth and leadership opportunities
- 22 total days of PTO & Sick Time available immediately
- 100% of health care and dental premiums paid for you and all your dependents
- Up to a 4% matching 401k contribution based on your dollar contribution
- $6,000 hardware on-boarding budget including $2,000 to spend however you like
- $2,500 annual education and conference budget
The Hiring Process
- Work history and aspirations chat with our People and Team Strategist
- Skills and performance discussion with our Head of Design and a Design Lead
- Portfolio Review
- Design Collaboration Exercise
- Take-home skills assessment
- Discussion with a member of the design or development team
- Practicing "craft within context" and providing Designers and apprentices advice and guidance.
- Driving all design from the outside-in with user story mapping and MoSCoW prioritization.
- Assisting with design critiques and QA
- Participating in pairing sessions to help crewmates learn and grow.
- Performing QA of both internal design quality and end-user UI/UX
- Conducting user interviews, creating small experiments, in-depth prototypes, detailed specifications, design systems, and validation.
- Set project design direction and follow through with successful execution and delivery.
- Interfacing with clients during sprint planning sessions and retros to ensure projects are on track
- Leading product/project discovery sessions and workshops with necessary internal and external stakeholders
- 5+ years of experience
- Experience shipping applications for Web, iOS, and Android
- Experience working with businesses at different levels of maturity
- Professional knowledge of user-centered design, usability principles and techniques
- The ability to present your work and stand firm for the right reasons
- Working within multidisciplinary teams with ux designers, visual designers, and developers
- Communicating and working with developers to solve technical challenges
- Visualizing and prototype concepts to varying levels of fidelity to demonstrate and test ideas
- Experience working within Agile/SCRUM processes
- Passionate with a hunger to design and make things people use everyday
- The ability to think big whilst being detail oriented and delivery focused
- Organized and self-motivated
- An excellent communicator (verbally and written), capable of inspiring colleagues and clients
- Outgoing, personable, sociable and easy going
- Open to criticism from your team to benefit project development
- Always eager to learn and to share knowledge
- The ability to deal with pressure and can work in a fast paced environment
- ++ Experience with interaction prototyping tools like Framer, Invision Studio, Principle
- ++ Experience designing branding and identity
- ++ Experience running or participating in design sprints
- You live by our Guiding Manifesto and embody the core values of Headway.
- You are open to criticism from your team and are always eager to learn and to share knowledge.
- You have the ability to think big while being detail oriented and delivery focused.
- You are self-motivated and able to deal with pressure and work well in a fast paced environment.
- You have an outgoing, personable, and sociable attitude.
- You have initiative to solve challenges, meet goals, and set new directions based on data.
- You are capable of inspiring colleagues and clients.
- You have a passion to create useful and valuable solutions.
- You prioritize and attend our quarterly team weeks on-site at our primary office in Wisconsin, or at an awesome TBD destination.
Keep in mind you never have to pay to apply. Never pay for equipment or training. The basic rule is; NEVER pay for anything when applying. When talking to the job poster, make sure you're talking to someone from the actual company. By clicking the apply button you will leave Remotebond to the external application website.
Remotebond accepts no liability or responsibility as a consequence of any reliance upon information on there (external sites) or here.